The revolution of how to best buy our clothing, accessories for the home, furniture and artwork has dug deep into our veins. No longer do people value poorly-produced items over high quality materials, and no longer is a “cheap find” more important than helping save our planet.
Held at the Newark & Nottinghamshire Showground, Newark, Nottinghamshire NG24 2NY on Thursday 12th & Friday 13th August 2021, Europe’s Largest Antiques Fair is one for your calendar.
Newark Antiques Fair is the perfect place to source high quality items, including antique furniture, antique decorative items, vintage jewellery, vintage artwork (and so much more!) from almost every era imaginable.
So, let’s find out experts’ 5 top tips for shopping at Newark Antiques Fair…
- Antiques Fairs are competitive environments, if you find something you like, don’t wait too long to make an offer – it might not be there when you come back!
- Be open minded! Our decorative antiques stalls offer some truly inspirational interior design inspiration from a range of periods, enter the antiques fair with an open mind to exploring new styles, you might just find something you love.
- Make a note of the stallholder you speak to. More often than not, visitors to Newark Antiques Fair meet iacf stallholders and want to purchase from them again in the future, this is easier to do if you take a business card or make a note of their details. You will thank us later!
- Interact with our antiques dealers. Don’t be afraid to ask as many questions as you want! Our antiques dealers are professionals and experts in their area and will happily answer any question you may have. Many will even offer insightful advice if you are starting to collect and unsure about authenticity and prices…
- Do your research! Depending on what you are looking for, make sure you have some background knowledge on your area of interest. If you are on the hunt for antique silver, research hallmarks! There are many ways you can find out more about artisans and hallmarks, visit LoveAntiques.com to learn more before you come!
There you have it, but most importantly… have fun. There are so many opportunities at Newark Antiques Fair, so pack your camera, stock up on cash and let’s get antiques hunting!
You can purchase tickets for Newark Antiques Fair online and at the door, see you on Thursday 13th & Friday 14th August! Remember to add Newark Antiques Fair to your calendar and never miss an antiques fair again!