Overseas visitors advice: In line with the latest government guidelines for visitors travelling from abroad the following requirements must be met. The links in blue take you to the sections which allow you to complete the relevant forms online and also gives additional guidance.
Please note that the ‘Regular work in the UK, living abroad’ exemption has been removed in England.
Travel to UK overseas visitors
You will need do the following:
- take 2 coronavirus tests when you quarantine in England, unless your job means you’re exempt – these tests need to be booked before you travel.
- either quarantine in the place you are staying or in a managed quarantine hotel for 10 days when you arrive in England.
At the border, you will need to show a letter from your company which includes:
- your personal details, such as name and address
- contact details for your employer
- contact details for the business or organisation you’ll be completing work for in the UK
- what work you’ll be doing